Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dang carp! What do ya'll want to eat?

What works for carp bait? I went out to that same spot on the bridge again last night, this time armed with quite a concoction. Half a loaf of white bread, maple syrup, brown sugar, lots and lots of brown sugar, peanut butter, and flour. I stirred it all up in a frying pan until it thickened up into a playdough consistency. I had 2 poles in the water with balls of the stuff wrapped around treble hooks. Didn't get a single bite all night. I did see some 20-30 lb carp swimming through the area though.

Any ideas?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ben, nothing beats a can-o-corn. Forget all the concoctions, and put a few pieces on a small bait holder. I've caught some good sized carp over by James Madison park on corn. Just don't get antsy. They spook easy and mouth the bait first, so let them run on an open bail for a bit before you set the hook! Good luck!