Sunday, July 27, 2008

BIG ONE Okayama Field Report

Next month I'm going back to Okayama, Japan. My girlfriend knows how much I like fishing, so she said I should go out with her sister's boyfriend, who also likes fishing. He's not familiar with the Okayama area though, so I was a little concerned that we would waste too much time looking for a good fishing spot. I started searching through Japanese blogs, and found this one written by a guy that fishes the Asahi River, which is right next to my girlfriend's house.

http://yaplog.jp/bigoneokayama/


This guy definitely likes his laregemouths. I posted a comment on one of his entries, telling him that I liked his blog and I was looking for a good place to go fishing on the Asahi. He posted an entry that you'll see at the top of his blog. He's excited to hear from me and says that if I can come up on a weekend, he'll take me around the Asahi River Dam, which looks like its about an hour north of my girlfriend's house.

3 comments:

Jeff Douglas said...

Looks like a pretty river too. You should have a great time.

MIZLAN DARKARTCASTER said...

great place for fishing..wow..

Ben said...

Yeah, fishing in Japan is going to be a dream come true for me!