Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Action at the dam

The dam at the end of Lake Wingra was the place to be tonight! It wasn't very crowded, which was nice. On the lake side we had a hispanic guy and myself. He was bobber fishing with worms and I was using a medium sized spinner. On the river side was a a black guy and three black ladies, all using bobbers and worms. The hispanic guy was real nice, and we talked the whole time while we fished. He probably caught 50 bluegill during the time I was there. He also caught the pumpkinseed in the first picture. I did a fine job catching bass on the spinner. My first one is a new Madison PR at 17 inches. He put up a good fight too! Two casts later I caught a 13 inch one, and later I caught a couple that were 10-12 inches. The black guy caught an interesting fish. If google is telling me right its a freshwater drum. See the pic below. He was super excited about his fish, and wanted me to take a picture of him with his fish and my bass. Later another guy showed up and caught the 25 inch walleye in the last picture. He didn't keep it, saying he didn't really like the taste of walleye!











2 comments:

Jeff Douglas said...

Wow! It looks like everyone was getting some fish. Nice bass!

T. Brook Smith said...

Yep. That's a drum.