Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fishing heaven is in a small subdivision in Champaign, IL

I was down in Champaign for a friend's wedding on Saturday. After the reception I headed over to a small subdivision pond that I used to fish at when I was an undergrad at Illinois. The sun had already gone down so it was a race against time to get as much fishing in before it got too dark. I was out there for about an hour, and the fishing was great. I caught 18 largemouths and one bluegill that was 9". The largest of the largemouth were 13". Most of them were 10-12". I was planning on switching to catfishing after it got dark, but changed my mind because I wanted to make the drive to Peoria that night.

3 comments:

Jeff Douglas said...

Excellent bluegill! 18 13" bass would be a blast too. Sorry I missed it for some farting social obligation.

Jeff Douglas said...

On second reading I see the bass were 10-12", but still great fun I'm sure.
Uh Ben, maybe try lining the tail up with 0 inches. Just jerkin' your chain, that's a nice gill.

Ben said...

Haha, yeah he kept flopping around when I was trying to take his picture. With his tail pinched together he was more like 8 1/2 inches... but I'm not a statician so I like to round up ;)