Friday, August 8, 2008

The last hoorah before Japan

Walleye! I finally got one! Caught my first walleye last night under the same bridge where I caught the white bass. I was using nightcrawlers on the bottom, and was catching bluegill and drum when this guy finally got on my line. 15" may not be impressive, but I was a happy camper.





I also had some luck with some small blue plastic worms I just bought. Caught a few nice largemouths on them.



Prior to catching the walleye, I also caught a smallmouth, a rock bass, two drums, a hybrid sunfish, and more bluegill than I cared to count.

3 comments:

Izzy said...

I was surprised that walleye had teeth -- I wish I had known that before I tried to get it off the line like a large mouth bass :-). Keep fishing!

Jeff Douglas said...

Cool! Nice walleye.

MIZLAN DARKARTCASTER said...

woooo...nice fish bro..