Thursday, August 14, 2008

The kids go fishing in Japan

Yes that's right, I have already dominated the fishing scene in Japan! :) I went out with my girlfriend, her sister, and her sister's boyfriend to do some fishing on a small river in the area a few days ago. We used waxworms and the smallest hooks imaginable. What do you catch on gear like that? The smallest fish imaginable! We caught 3 or 4 different kinds of minnows. The fish in the 2nd and 3rd pictures is a funa (sp?). It looks like it's related to the carp family. After we got bored of the little fish, we drove around till we found a small pond by the side of the road. It had a healthy population of largemouth. I caught 5 or 6 and my girlfriend caught one. She was pretty excited about catching her first bass, but she refused to put her thum in its mouth, lol. Her sister and her boyfriend didn't do as well though, getting skunked on the bass pond.








.
.

3 comments:

MIZLAN DARKARTCASTER said...

wow...what the beautiful place...great fish

Jeff Douglas said...

It sure looks like a pretty place. I wonder if the river has any large fish in it. It's cool you can find bass in Japan. They must have been spread all over the world by now, but I wonder about the native range of the largemouth bass.

MIZLAN DARKARTCASTER said...

fishing in japan?wow..bravo ben