Friday, March 20, 2009

Overdue post

Ice fishing really slowed down since my last post. I think I made it out on Monona twice, but didn't have any luck either time. I was really hoping for the 'late ice crappies' that a lot of people were talking up, but apparently I wasn't out there on the right days. Below is a pic from inside the portable shanty that Jeff is letting me borrow.



I was down in Champaign for one day 2 weeks ago and stopped by that small subidivision pond to do a little bass fishing with Jeff. The fishing wasn't spectacular - we each caught 2, but I was excited to fish open water for a change (the lakes in Madison are still frozen!). After Jeff took off I stumbled upon a channel cat sitting in the shallow water and grabbed him by hand. Does that count as noodling from land? It looked like he was sick and hadn't been eating because he was very thin. I let him go and he swam off, who knows if he'll make it or not.

I really need to get more sun. Dang I'm pale!



3 comments:

MIZLAN DARKARTCASTER said...

he2catch catfish by hand..the new way of catching fish by hand..wooo!! your hand so fast

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben- Have peaked at your blog several times. Thought I would leave a post this time and say hello. Glad you were able to get out on the ice and get some fishing in. Doesn't look like you have done too badly! By the way, I am adding your blog to my links over on my blog at Idaho Fishing Notebook. Would you consider adding my blog to your links?

Jeff Douglas said...

That catfish incident is odd. It sure does look skinny.