Saturday, November 21, 2009

Aquarium update

-
Hi guys.
-
My fishing gear has been put away for months, but I got the itch to post something, so I thought I'd give an update on my native fish aquarium. The darters got moved to the 30 gallon aquarium, and are doing fantastic. According to my latest census, there are about a dozen orangethroat darters, one fantail darter, two logperch, three southern redbelly dace, and one madtom (not sure what kind he is). Some good news is that I have not lost a single darter that I caught back in May! Last weekend while I was visiting my parents in Illinois, I caught the dace and a few extra darters to add to the aquarium. Everyone is getting along, everyone is eating, and everyone is looking healthy and showing some pretty vibrant colors.
-
My back is getting better, slowly.
-
I'm looking forward to ice fishing!
-
Cheers,
-
Ben
-

-
-
-

6 comments:

Fish Whisperer said...

Ben the aquarium is cool. Hope you can get out fishing soon.

Wolfy said...

Hey Ben - good to hear you're healing up - never as quickly as we think we should, but give it time. Nice aquarium puics.

Wolfy

MIZLAN DARKARTCASTER said...

Hi Ben!hope you get well soon...wow!the aquarium is so clean.

BT said...

Any secrets to keeping the fish healthy, Ben?

I was always terrible at maintaining an aquarium

Mark Kautz said...

Hi Ben. Came across you blog when I read the comments on Mizlan's latest post. I see that a lot of our blog community is already here. Fishwhisperer, Wolfy, Mel, and Mizlan, of course. Being a born and raised Wisconsin(Kenosha) boy, I had to add you to my blogroll and will check out your posts. Stop by when you have a minute and check my blog out.

http://shoretroutfishing.blogspot.com/

Glad to have you onboard.

Mark

Jeff said...

Cool blog, nice aquarium. Nice to know I'm not alone in my fish addiction.